Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Japan's not complete without a little irony...

Yokohama ferris wheel
Think about this one for a second... a Brazilian steakhouse, in Chinatown, in Japan.  Weird huh!  Weird, but delicious!

Some girls from the hospital and I went up to Yokohama for the afternoon for sightseeing around the city and dinner for my birthday.  Yokohama was pretty crowded and swarming with police force due to Obama attending the APEC conference.  We've even been seeing a little bit of the heightened security around Yokosuka area this past week.  We went to the top of Landmark Tower and walked around the observatory.  Landmark Tower is the tallest building in Japan at 69 stories and an extremely fast elevator.  Too bad it was a cloudy, overcast day, otherwise I would've been able to see Tokyo and Mt Fuji.  Oh well, it was still really pretty!  It reminded me a lot of the observatory in John Hancock or Sears Tower.  I think I like those better, but it's probably just because I'm a little biased to Chicago.
Landmark Tower with statue

There's some cute parks right along the water in Yokohama that we walked around in.  I love that all the leaves are changing colors right now.  That's definitely something I've missed living in San Diego for the past 3 years.  This Brazilian steakhouse that we went to was amazing; all you can eat and drink for 2 hours.  Of course I definitely took advantage of that!  Overall it was an enjoyable day to get out spend the day with the girls.

Landmark Tower Observatory

Yokohama skyline
out in Yokosuka area


1 comment:

  1. Kristin, this is awesome! What a great way to spend your birthday, and I feel like I just took a quick trip to Japan by reading your blog. I love it. It's good to see that you're getting out and about and learning the ins and outs of the country. Keep the adventure going!
    mama schuetz

    ReplyDelete