Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sapporo Beer Factory (Part 2)

Sapporo Beer Garden and Museum

There was only two things on our must do list when we went up to Sapporo.  We already checked out all the snow and ice sculptures, so there was only one thing left to do... Sapporo Beer Factory!!  Japan is known for several beers, Sapporo being the best of course, then Asahi and Kirin.  If you know me at all, you know that i LOVE beer!  So, if I ever visit a city that has a brewery, of course I'm going to go to it!  And it's also a given that my partner in crime LOVES beer, so it wasn't even a question if we were going to go there.  :)

We found our spot in the Beer Garden tasting room, sampling some delicious beers!  My favorites were the Carmel Ale and Chocolate Stout.  I recommend both of these if you're looking for a specialty beer!  Amanda stuck to the Sapporo Classic draft beers.

After spending the afternoon with Tim and Kristin at the Beer Factory, Amanda and I made our way back downtown to check out some of the sculptures at night again before we had to head to the airport.  Of course, with our luck, our plane ended up being delayed a little over an hour and a half... meaning we would miss the last train back into Yokosuka by 15 minutes or so.  NO BUENO!!  We start brainstorming our options to get back to base in time to make it to work by 0645 the next morning.  If I wasn't working the next morning, we would have slept at the airport for a few hours and caught the first train back in the morning, but it didn't get there until 0633 and that was cutting it WAY to close.  The only other choice was to take a taxi back to base which would have been around 150-200 each!  Ahhh!  But of course, everything works out with us and we end up talking to the only other Americans on our flight which ended up being from Yokosuka also.  We caught a ride back to base with them, so everything worked out in the end.  That just means we can still take all these little random trips on our days off!!  Who's in for our next one?
There were so many beers to be tasted!  (Kristin, Tim, Amanda and I)
"I will take one of each please!!"
Delicious dark chocolate stout!  Where can I
find myself another please!!
They wanted to join in the snow festival frenzy too!
Japan LOVES their beer as you can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment