Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in Japan...

Andrew and I at the USS Fitzgerald Christmas party in Tokyo.  We had such a good time dancing the night away! 
Andrew, Matt, Sheri, Matt and a few other guys from his ship.  Good group of people to share the night with. 

Andrew and I at 6am... we got the bright idea to wake up early and go to the Tsukji Fish Market for sushi with Matt and Sheri.  Totally worth getting up early for!  We went to this deliciously fresh sushi restaurant inside the market.  We saw them bringing the fish in through the back door making it right to our plates.  They just kept reaching over the counter placing more sushi on my plate!  Probably the best I've had in Japan so far... I even tried eel and squid sashimi and salmon roe.  (still couldn't do the sea urchin)  

Yea, some of them were still moving once they had their heads chopped off... 
Huge blue fin tuna!  They used industrial saws to cut through them.
Tsukji Fish Market... a must do if you come to Tokyo! 
Andrew using his marine science skills and teaching me all about the different fish. 
Christmas Day in the ED.  I was one of the lucky ones who worked Christmas Eve and Day.  Christmas morning was actually really busy and it kept steady the rest of the day.  I decided since we were spending the holiday at the hospital, we were going to have a potluck for all us working and whoever else wanted to spend it with us.  We had a pretty good turnout and delicious food complete with a turkey!
HM3 Duimstra & HM3 Newland (2 of my corpsman), Dr Onishi (Japanese intern) and myself having fun. 
Dr Edwards loves her nurses.  Tina and I were definitely not in regs that day, and of course I was WAY past the line with my glittery Christmas socks and holiday cheer  :)  That's ok, the CO liked it... haha!
Christmas Day ED crew... HM3 Eaves, HM3 Duimstra, HM3 Edsall, HN Jones, Dr Onishi, Dr Edwards and myself.
Working hard, or hardly working??? 
I got to skype with Amers during the day!  I even caught my mom's side of the family at their Christmas Eve party!  Thank goodness for skype!
Amanda and I spending Christmas night together.  What better way to spend the holiday than with your best friend, skyping with family, a bottle of wine, and Christmas cheer...
Sarah, this one's for you!  Thank you!!! 
Opening presents with Amy, Dad and Christine (Michael was still sleeping) on Christmas morning.  Dad and Amy even brought me to the cemetery with them to see Mom.  Can't wait to actually spend the holidays with the family again!
Merry Christmas from Japan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment