Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nikko Samauri Festival...

Miranda (an ER nurse from the hospital) and I went up to Nikko for the day to watch a Samauri Festival.  It was a parade from one end of the shrines to the other and then back again.  Of course, that would be the one day that I would forget my camera charging at home (I never leave the house without it usually), so luckily Miranda was able to get some pictures.  We enjoyed delicious Japanese street food and walked around looking at all the shrines.  Later on that day we took a boat ride down one of the rivers through town looking enjoying the scenery.  It was just the start of the fall season too, with the crisp cool air!  I love Nikko!

Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil...
Samauri warriors gathering before the procession 
Of course I found one and had to take a picture with him!
Exploring one of the shrines. 





No comments:

Post a Comment