Saturday, November 26, 2011

Relay for Life Yokosuka...

CFAY Yokosuka sponsored the ACS Relay For Life in October.  It's been a while since I've actually done a Relay myself since I've been more involved in the Race for the Cure and the 3-Day Walks.  As soon as I found out Yokosuka was having one, I knew I had to form a team.  I decided to open it up to the nurses and other staff from the hospital and families.  We had a group of people coming and going throughout the day showing their support.  For being such a small community on a small island, there was a huge turnout and we were able to raise a lot of money!!  (Mike would have been proud of us... :) )  I can't wait until I'm back in the States to hopefully do another one with my family like the last one we did in 2006.
The opening ceremony was complete with the HS color guard from base.  They did such a great job.
A group from the hospital came out to support the Relay.  Only a few stayed the whole time, but it was great to have people there!  Amanda and Christina stayed overnight in a tent...
There were more survivors than I expected to be from Japan!

This one's for you Mom... Miss you & love you!
Our group representing the YNA... Christina Collazo, Amanda, Tracy & Luke D'Antonio, and myself.  We had a good time walking around the track all day.  I was excited to find out Tracy & Luke were Marquette alums... such a small world!
Amanda, Tracy and I at the Luminaria Ceremony... still can't get through one without tearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment